U.S YOUTH GAMES UPDATE
2015 Youth Game highlight video link!
Come be a part of the U.S. Youth Games Golden Anniversary
* No refunds-all sales final
- Participation- 6 teams per age group and gender
- 6th grade, 8th grade, High School
- Dates/Time- June 24th-26th at 3 o’clock and 8-4
- Location- Carver and Parker High Schools
- Entry Fee- $250
- Admission- $5 to help pay referees
- Rules- coaches will need to meet before tournament begins to go over basic rules
Denise Johnson: 205-587-4843; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dates/Time- June 11th
- Location- Crossplex
- $150 for teams with more than 15 swimmers
- $10 per swimmer for teams with less than 15 swimmers
- Events- 6 individual swims and 2 relays
$150 per team
$10 for unattached swimmer
Murray Lewis: 205-370-9071; email@example.com
Summer Lacrosse Clinic
WHERE: Ensley Park & Recreation Center
2800 Ave. K
WHEN: July 5 & 6 2016 (Tue/Wed/Thurs)
10:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. (Lunch & Drinks provided)
Girls & Boys, Ages 9-17
Learn how to play lacrosse. Equipment is provided. Former & Current college players will be our instructors.
205-229-2954; Tom Lewis: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, July 16, 2016
G. W. Carver High School - Birmingham, Al
3900 24th St. North
AGE DIVISIONS & ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: 8 & under (born 2008+)
9 - 10 (born 2006 - 2007)
11 - 12 (born 2004 - 2005)
13 - 14 (born 2002 - 2003)
15 - 16 (born 2000 - 2001)
17 - 18 (born 1998-1999)
Athlete: $14.00 per athlete (including relays)
Admission: $ 2.00 per adult; $ 1.00 children under 10
Deadline: 11:59 pm central standard time on 07/13/16
Refunds: Not permitted.
Events (8 & under-12): Restricted to 3 events, including relays
Events (13-18): Restricted to 4 events, including relays
Contact T. J. Williams (205) 643-5127; email@example.com
Awards will be given to the top three (3) individuals and the top three (3) relay teams in each event of each age division.
IMPLEMENT WEIGH-IN: Saturday July 16
There will be separate check-in areas for Running and Field events. Athletes must check in at these designated areas 45 minutes prior to the event's scheduled starting time. All athletes will be required to remain in the designated warm-up areas after checking in.
COMPETITION BIB NUMBERS:
All competitors must wear their assigned bib numbers during competition and on the front on their jerseys only. If an athlete loses the bib number, a replacement can be purchased for a fee of five dollars. Bib numbers will be distributed to athletes by the coached in the coaches package or in the unattached athletes individual package. Relay team members must be uniformed in competition or the relay team will be disqualified
During competition, event results will be posted in a designated area at the track stadium. In addition, event results will be posted on coacho.com.
There will be a $20 fee for all protests. Protests must be submitted to the Protest Referee at once and not later than 30 minutes after a result has been announced. The protest fee will be refunded if the protest is upheld.
RULES – CONDUCT & FACILITY:
1. Competitors must compete in the division determined by the competitor’s year of birth.
2. All others age groups may compete in four events including relays. There will be no "moving up" in any events, including relays.
3. Time schedules are subject to change. Any schedule changes will be announced and posted.
- Dates/Time- July 9th at 1 o’clock and 10th at 10 o’clock
- Location- Vestavia Bowl
- Cost- $30 if register before July 9th and 10th, $35 if register day of
- Age groups- everything until 21
Rose Wilson: 205-639-7868; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dates/Time- July 8th and 9th
- Clinic- will be on July 8th and will be mandatory for 1st year coaches
- The cost for volleyball will be $50.00 to participate in the tournament/playdate
- The coaches clinic is only open to Birmingham City Middle School coaches at the moment.
Penny Edwards: 334-398-1813; email@example.com
*Upon payment, please print receipt and bring to event. Also, please email the Youth Games director, Scotty Colson, at Scotty.Colson@birminghamal.gov that you have paid and specify which event.